Polychromated Methylene Blue and Eosin stains specifically to basophilic and acidophilic cellular elements to demonstrate blood cells and hemoparasites.
- GIEMSA'S STAIN 500 mL
Contains polychromating materials,
preservatives and stabilizers.
- GIEMSA'S STAIN STOCK BUFFER 10X 500 mL
Contains preservatives and stabilizers.
- GIEMSA'S STAIN EASYFIX 50 mL
(Peripheral smear spray fixative)
Preparation of Working Buffer
Dilute stock buffer 1:10 with distilled Water.
(Buffer 1 mL + 9 mLD/W).
Preparation of Working Stain
Giemsa Stain 1 mL+9 mL Working buffer.
All reagents are stable between 25 to 35°C at RT for 5 years.
Peripheral blood samples on clean glass slides may be collected. If Anticoagulated blood to be preferred use K3EDTA, avoid Heparin.
Giemsa's stains are interfered by pH variation, contamination of detergent, Alkali and Acids. Poor staining may be observed in prolongation of staining time other than stated in the literature. Artifacts and granulations may be observed if the stain get dried over the smear, care should be taken while washing to remove metallic film from the smear. For excellent result it is necessary to use Buffer.
- Spray fixative to blood smear and dry it in air.
- Pour the working stain on smear and keep for 15-20
- Wash off with Distilled Water/Tap water & dry the slide.
- Observe under oil immersion lens and countthe cells.
||Segmented polymorph with purple granules.
||Polymorph with large orange granules.
||Polymorph with large blue granules.
||Dark blue nuclei with clear blue cytoplasm.
||Kidney shaped nucleus with smoky blue cytoplasm.
- Mac. Neal,J.A.M.Med.Assoc. 78,1112(1922).
- Biological Stain 9th Ed. The Williams & Wilkins Co. Balti
more, MD1977 P. 424.
- "Histopathological technic and pract histochem The Blackston Co., New York, N.Y. 1954.
BIOLAB DIAGNOSTICS (I) PVT. LTD.
J-245, MIDC, TARAPUR,
BOISAR-401 501, MAHARASHTRA.