Polychromated Methylene Blue and Eosin stains specifically to basophilic and acidophilic cellular elements to demonstrate blood cells and hemoparasites.
Cat. No. HE 805 2 x500mL
- FIELD STAIN A 500 mL
Buffer, methylene blue 0.5% & preservative.
- FIELD STAIN B 500mL
Buffer, Eosin (water soluble) 0.4% & preservative.
- EASYFIX 50 mL
(Peripheral smear spray fixative)
Preparation of Working Reagent
All Reagents are ready to use.
STORAGE & STABILITY
All reagents are stable at RT for 3 years. Do not spray Easy fix to open fire avoid inhaling the spray
Peripheral blood samples on clean glass slides may be collected. If Anticoagulated blood to be preferred useK EDTA avoid Heparin Make smear immediately after blood collection.
Field stains are interfered by pH variation, contamination of detergent, Alkali and Acids. Staining time may be increased or decreased according to requirement. Poor staining may be observed if stain A & B is contaminated each other or got diluted. Excessive time may overstain the slide, each batch of stain should be controlled for optimum staining time.
- Fill up two coplin jars or wide mouth bottles (1) with Field Stain A (Blue stain) & (2) with Field Stain B (Red stain).
- Make blood smear on clean glass slide and dry at air.
- Spray 'Easyfix' fixative on smears and dry at air.
- Dip fixed smear to Field Stain B (Red Stain) for 5 - 6 seconds. Wash in running tap water.
- Dip smear into Field Stain A (Blue Stain) for 20-30 seconds. Wash in running tap water. Dry at air and see under oil immersion objective. (Optimum staining time may be found out by staining few control smears)
||Segmented polymorph with
||Polymorph with large
Polymorph with large blue
||Dark blue nuclei with clear
||Kidney shaped nucleus with
smoky blue cytoplasm.
||Small pale bluish cells
||Pale bluish with Red
Scifner's Dot (Trophozoit).
- Mac. Neal, J. A. M.Med. Assoc. 78,1112 (1922).
Biological Stain 9th Ed. The Williams & Wilkins Co. Balti more, MD 1977 P. 424.
- J.Med Res. 7,138(1902)
- "Histopathological technic and pract histochem The Blackston Co., New York, N.Y. 1954.
BIOLAB DIAGNOSTICS (I) PVT. LTD.
J-245, MIDC, TARAPUR,
BOISAR-401 501, MAHARASHTRA.