Polychromated Methylene Blue and Eosin stains specifically to basophilic and acidophilic cellular elements to demonstrate blood cells and hemoparasites.
Cat. No. HE 831
- CYTOCHROME STAIN 500 mL
contains Polychromated methyline blue, eosin stain 0.5%, preservatives and stabilizers.
- CYTOCHROME BUFFER 500mL
contains phosphate buffer-100mMol, preservatives and stabilizers.
Preparation of Working Reagent
All Reagents are ready to use.
STORAGE & STABILITY
All reagents are stable between 25 to 35°C at RT for 2 years.
Away from heat and light Do not store the content near to open fire.
Peripheral blood samples on clean glass slides may be collected. If Anticoagulated blood to be preferred use K.EDTA, avoid Heparin. Prepare slides as soon as possible after blood collection.
Cytochrome stains are interfered by pH variation, contamination of detergent, Alkali and Acids. Poor staining may be observed in prolongation of staining time other than stated in the literature. Artifacts and granulations may be observed if the stain get dried over the smear, care should be taken while washing to remove metallic film from the smear. For excellent result it is necessary to use pH 6.8 diluent at a stain to buffer dilution 1:2 and staining time 5-6 minutes.
The Liquid Stable Calibrator contain serum constituent concentrations suitable for the Calibration of Auto analyzer and Colorimeter.
- Arrange a slide rack keeping the smear side up.
- Add few drops of Cytochrome to the slide to cover the smears and wait for 2 minutes.
- Add double the volume of Buffer to the slide and wait for 6 minutes.
- Wash in running tap water. Dry at air and see under oil immersion objective.
||Segmented polymorph with purple granules.
||Polymorph with large orange granules
||Polymorph with large blue
Dark blue nuclei with clear blue cytoplasm.
||Kidney shaped nucleus with
smoky blue cytoplasm.
||Small Pale bluish cells
||Pale bluish cytoplasm with redish
dots in trophozoit form (Scifner's Dot)
- Mac. Neal, JAM.Med. Assoc. 78,1112(1922).
- Biological Stain 9th Ed. The Williams & Wilkins Co. Balti more, MD 1977 P. 424.
- J.Med Res. 7,138(1902)
- "Histopathological technic and pract histochem The Blackston Co., New York, N.Y. 1954.
BIOLAB DIAGNOSTICS (I) PVT. LTD.
J-245, MIDC, TARAPUR,
BOISAR-401 501, MAHARASHTRA.